"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Wednesday 21 October 2015

Northern Lights 2015



I decided to do some small studies of Northern Lights in watercolour, gauche, ink, soft pastel - a mixed media.  I saw the Aurora Borealis in the night sky for the first time this fall outside my cabin for quite a few nights in a row.  I always welcome back the night skies of stars and northern lights after a long summer of midnight sun, this is a land of extremes at times, but there is so much beauty in each season. 


 5x7 on Arches 140 lb Cold Press
Watercolour, Ink, and Soft Pastel


5x7 on Arches 140 lb Cold Press
Watercolour, Ink, and Soft Pastel


 4x6 on Arches 140 lb Cold Press
Watercolour, Ink, and Soft Pastel


4x6 on Arches 140 lb Cold Press
Watercolour, Ink, and Soft Pastel


6x8 on Arches 140 lb Cold Press
Watercolour, Ink, and Soft Pastel

No comments:

Post a Comment